Novak Djokovic: Questions raised over tennis star’s travel declaration

0
160

Australian border officials are investigating whether Novak Djokovic’s travel entry form included a false declaration, Australian media report.

Djokovic’s visa was revoked on arrival in Melbourne last week before being reinstated by a judge on Monday.

But Australia’s immigration minister still has powers to re-cancel the visa and deport the unvaccinated player.

Djokovic – who is hoping to defend his Australian Open title next week – has not commented on the latest reports.

The 34-year-old Serb player’s entry form stated he had not travelled in the 14 days before his arrival on 6 January.

Social media posts appear to show him in both Serbia and Spain during that fortnight.

Djokovic told border officials that Tennis Australia completed the Australian Travel Declaration on his behalf, the Sydney Morning Herald reported. It is not clear whether this would help him in the event it is challenged.

The Australian Border Force (ABF) did not immediately confirm the reports. Djokovic’s lawyers told the BBC they had no comment at this stage.

After being released from detention on Monday, Djokovic posted a photo of himself and his team – including coach Goran Ivanisevic – on court at the Rod Laver Arena in Melbourne.

____________________________________________________________________

Read all the Latest News, Breaking News and Coronavirus News here !

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Enable Google Transliteration.(To type in English, press Ctrl+g)